Thursday, November 10, 2011

Zombies vs. The Trinity Killer vs. The other half of Good Omens

Sooooooooooooo Barnes and Nobles was giving out 50% off coupons over the weekend……

Aaaaannnnnddddd of course I had to take advantage of it. But I wasn't about to use it on a $6.99 paperback. I was going for the big leagues this time: an expensive, recently released hard cover. I scanned my wish list on both Good Reads and Amazon and went in to B&N with a mental list. After some browsing and thumbing through the ones I had in mind, it came down to these three choices:

Zombies vs. The Trinity Killer vs. The other half of Good Omens

Seriously, this was the hardest decision EVER!

I had to give it some serious thought. First I read through three pages of each book.

Well, hell, that didn’t help!

I then had to remind myself that I do have a hold for Zone One at the library and might actually get it within the next two weeks. So that took it out of the running.

That left the Trinity Killer and the other half of Good Omens.

Once again, another tough choice! Especially when I imagine reading John Lithgow’s book and hearing his voice in my head, BUT only read like this (3:35 to be exact). And seriously, I practically grew up with John Lithgow. He was there in Footloose and Harry and the Hendersons when I was a kid. Then, in my late teens/early twenties he was there in 3rd Rock from the Sun. And not too long ago he was the best thing on Dexter since… well, I don’t know he was just THE BEST. So creepy and terrible and such a match for Dexter!

I haven’t read any Terry Pratchett, but for Good Omens, which he wrote with Neil Gaiman. Neil has been getting a lot of attention from me lately, having finished Fragile Things, and I’ve read Anansi Boys and American Gods. So it wasn’t really fair to leave Terry out. I’ve read good reviews for the Discworld series and when I read Neil and Terry's comments on the writing process of Good Omens, well it was really inspiring! Plus the cover was more interesting and colorful. And after a quick text message to my sister for her opinion the winner is……



Now I just need to finish reading Jabberwocky. And Captain Blood (yes, again). And The King's Gold. So many good books! My life. Is. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment