Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Blog!

Image courtesy of Will Clayton

I didn’t post anything yesterday, or last Thursday, like I usually do because I wanted to hold off and take a breather in order to celebrate my blog’s 1 year birthday!  Today, one year ago I started this blog with my first post, a review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: http://readingandwritingandmoviesohmy.blogspot.com/2011/07/harry-potter-and-thank-you-michelle-for.html

(This also happens to be my sister’s birthday so Happy Birthday, Michelle!)

Early last year I had been keeping track of books I read with a Facebook app.  But I was only limited to so many characters when I wanted to express what I thought about a book.  Also, I don’t really like to consider them reviews.  I like to think of them as what I’m feeling about a particular book or movie.  Sometimes I'll have lots of thoughts and sometimes a book won't leave much of an impression.

So, here I am and as a 1 year birthday treat for my blog I created a Google + Page and a Facebook Fan Page for my blog.  In the right sidebar you’ll find direct links to both so can follow and like them if you want to connect.

It’s interesting looking back at the first 5 posts.  I really had no direction or schedule.  I eventually found my groove and remained focused on just sharing my joy and frustration with what I’m reading and watching.  I’ve been having a great time and look forward to another year and more.  And now, I’d like to share some of my favorite posts and reading challenges I’ve experienced so far:




















As a thank you to everyone who has visited and commented I’d like to give away some bookmarks!  The cut off to sign up for some bookmarks will be Friday, July 20th.  After that we can connect through Twitter and direct message (you can unfollow me afterwards, I won’t be offended) so I can get mailing address info or you can email me at rwm.ohmy@gmail.com.



Thank you again to site visitors, fellow bloggers, friends and family who have supported me!  Here’s to another year (and more!) of ranting and gushing over my favorite pastime!  I'd like to leave you with a preview of what to look forward to:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blog Birthday, Sarah!!! It's been a great year following your blog & know I'll be reading along as you go into the 2nd year! :) (& Happy Birthday, Michelle!)

    ReplyDelete