Did you see that? 5 times!!!
We saw the first X-Men movie in the theater five times because we loved it so much. And the second X-Men movie was awesome too. So of course I was skeptical. Especially after the tragedy that was X-Men 3 and Wolverine. I didn’t want anything else to taint those memories of fun I had with the first two X-Men movies.
Then I started to read the reviews for X-Men: First Class:
Wait a minute. So after two bad X-Men movies, a terrible X-Men: First Class trailer, it was good. It can’t be!
And well, I’ll let my next Facebook update speak for itself after I finally saw X-Men: First Class:
So why is X-Men: First Class so great?:
- Magneto pulling a sub was actually pretty awesome, as well as that entire action sequence near the end.
- They have a pretty darn good explanation for Mystique’s age controversy my friend pointed out above. But the makeup in the first X-Men movie was still better.
- Sebastian Shaw was an interesting Bond-like villain with all his gadgets and getaways.
- Magneto the Nazi Hunter in a pub in Argentina, with the music building up the tension, Magneto being awesomely dangerous and kick ass...It’s so intense!
- One of the reasons we saw the first X-Men movie five times was because we felt it was too short. X-Men: First Class did not suffer from that shortcoming and gave us lots of character development and great action sequences.
- The performances of James McAvoy (Charles Xavier/Professor X) and Michael Fassbender (Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto) are great. To watch these two characters form a bond of friendship and then to watch it disintegrate until they become enemies yet still caring for each other though having different visions of the future for mutants… seriously, it’s so good you’re heart breaks for them (and you won't even mind my run-on sentence).
Buy it today!