Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming To Bring You This Very Important Message...

... for Banned Books Week from September 24th to October 1st.

Now, I don’t have plans to read a banned book this week. I believe I’ve read plenty that have been banned or challenged (The Great Gatsby, The Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men, Brave New World, Gone with the Wind, The Lord of the Rings...) and will read more in the future. Also, I’m almost done with House of Leaves and I have other books waiting their turn. So, I’ve decided to participate in the Banned Books Week Virtual Read-Out.

My book of choice will be The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I bought a copy not too long ago just to have one. I’ve read it twice in my lifetime. I’m reading a favorite part me and a good friend of mine got a real kick out of when we first read it in high school. Also, on a side note, our English teacher at the time ran the Holden Caulfield Fencing Society, a fencing club at our high school. Cool.



Don’t ban books. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Don’t take away the rights of others to choose for themselves.

Celebrate the right to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment