Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Hunt Continues As I Embark On An Elf… Quest


The hunt continues.  Even though I received a copy of The Firelings, I’m still on the lookout for a vintage copy of Captain Blood.  I have spotted copies of The Sea Hawk and Scaramouche, both by Rafael Sabatini.  So close, yet so far.  But it hasn’t been all that much fun looking for just one book.


Then recently I began to think about another book I’d like to find.  It’s the novelization of the first part of a comic series called Elfquest by Wendy and Richard Pini.  




Elfquest is set in the World of Two Moons where elves and humans live together but not always peacefully.  The story begins with the arrival of the elves and their first encounter with primitive humans who attack out of fear.  The elves scatter and find themselves learning to survive in this primitive world.  Over thousands of years, each tribe has adapted to their new home, developing their own traditions, and each unaware of the other tribes of elves living throughout the World of Two Moons.


The main story is about Cutter, the young leader of the Wolfriders.  He and his fellow tribesmen have bonded with wolves as a way to survive.  Forced to leave their home in the lush forest they travel across the desert in search of a new place to settle.  They then find the Sun Folk, elves like them who have been living peacefully, without any contact with humans, for hundreds of years.  The Wolfriders see this place as a sanctuary but the combining of the two tribes of elves does not necessarily go smoothly.


I swear I either had the book or saw it somewhere.  But alas it’s nowhere to be found in my collection and I can’t remember why I didn’t buy the copy I may have held (maybe it was all in my dreams.  Not surprising!).  So you know what that means… Treasure Hunt!


The same rule applies: to find a copy locally.  Challenge – sorry, Quest Accepted!


And I think the book will go nicely with my collection:




(Just had to show off)


If you are unfamiliar with Elfquest, you need to get your hiney over to the site to check it out! http://www.elfquest.com/index.php


Wendy’s art is so lively and detailed.  Her characters unique and layered with the world of Two Moons full of adventures and danger.  It’s fun, exciting, joyful and sad.  Give it a try.  You won’t regret it.  And you really have no excuse not to read them because you can read them free on the Elfquest website!: http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html

2 comments: