Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Magical Edition of What's New On The Shelf!

Sometimes when I look at my books and the new books I bring in I wonder if I have multiple personalities. There is not one genre I read and I move back and forth between YA and adult novels and I’m willing to sacrifice some credibility with some of my choices. Wait. I never had any credibility so who cares what I read!

Today I bring you a fun mix of books I've recently acquired. I noticed a theme with some of these new books that have made their way into my life recently...

They are magical!



I read a review for Hatter that fascinated me and its bright purple cover with the hat had been on my mind for over a month now. And I couldn’t leave Jabberwocky out so they’ll be making themselves at home on my shelf. Also, they both look self published and that’s awesome. Think of them as the expanded universe of Wonderland.

The Tinkerbell book caught my daughter’s eye with its lovely illustrations. Rose of No Man’s Land is not about magic but I’ve been eyeing it on my wish list and it had a magical price that I couldn’t resist!


Harry Potter fan, a book with “magicians” in the title, I’m there! And I really want to read The Magician King.

Modelland, a book by the lady that wore jumpsuits several weeks in a row during a season of America’s Next Top Model, well, could you really blame me for NOT passing this up?! Magical, I say, just pure, ridiculous magic!

Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay (Free from Doubleday! To be released on October 18, 2011)

This one I’m really excited about because it’s my first free book from a publisher! I think this qualifies as an extra read for the RIP reading challenge, thus making it magical since it was free and I'll get extra credit for the reading challenge.

Well, I think I'm good for the rest of the year... yeah, I don't think so! You can never have too many books, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment