Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer In Discworld


Well, I’m still in the middle of the Once Upon A Time Challenge and all is going well.  But that won’t stop me from joining along on another reading challenge.  This one took no second thoughts about participating.  It’s the Summer In Discworld challenge hosted by Tales of the Marvelous.  So you know what that means?


Lots of Discworld!


I’ve already dipped my toe into Terry Pratchett’s Discworld on two occasions, with Snuff and Going Postal, and I’m looking forward to more!  And of course, I am all stocked up so this gives me a good excuse to haul these books out of the bag they've been sitting in since I bought them.


Now, it’s all about having fun and enjoying the experience of this strange flat world that sits on the back of four elephants who stand upon a turtle floating through space.  There will also be a group read for Going Postal, which I recently read and loved and can’t wait to see what others think.  More details can be found here.




I’m a bit late writing this since the reading challenge started on June 1st, but it continues on through August 31st so there is still lots of time to enjoy a silly adventure or two in Ankh-Morpork.  So join along if you can, you won’t regret it!  And don’t forget to check out those who will be taking the plunge as well: http://marveloustales.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/summer-in-discworld-reviews/

P.S.  I'm about 100 pages into Guards! Guards! and it's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment