Thursday, August 4, 2011

To Be Read: Catching Fire


It’s just a book, I had to tell myself. IT’S JUST A BOOK. This is not much of a review of Catching Fire. It’s more about my reaction to this book:

Catching Fire is like The Empire Strikes Back of trilogies! (Please note I said “like”. Nothing can achieve the awesomeness that is ESB!)

I found myself much more engaged with the characters this time. Maybe because I had gotten to know them and I loved reading about the after affects of the Hunger Games. But oh my goodness, I found myself on the edge of my seat! At one point I had to stop to collect myself! This book had me worked up just like when I finished reading the events of a certain wedding feast in A Storm of Swords, where I started out as mildly annoyed, that then turned into anger, which then produced a raging lunatic babbling about George R. R. Martin being a bastard but unable to stop reading!

Seriously, I had to get up for Kleenex and half an hour later there was still a lump in my throat. I was hesitant to continue reading Catching Fire because of my reaction but I REALLY needed to know what was going to happen next. I finished the book in a day and a half.

It’s just a book, these characters are not real, Panem does not exist BUT OH MY GOODNESS I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS IN MOCKINGJAY NOW!!!

Now that I’ve gotten that out of my system I am forcing myself to wait to read Mockingjay. I need to be a sane, functioning person for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment