Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What’s going on?


Oh, just being a slacker.  I've taken an unscheduled break from blogging and it’s not that I don’t have anything to write about.  In fact, I have several books lined up.  So instead of making excuses, I’ll give a reading update and hopefully this will get me back to my blogging schedule:


Every Day by David Levithan
Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
Night Watch (Discworld #29) by Terry Pratchett

Currently I am reading The Cavalier in the Yellow Doublet by Arturo Pérez-Reverte, and I’m also reading aloud to Venessa, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente.


Also, here are my new library picks:


The Hemingway Hoax by Joe Haldeman
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Camouflage by Joe Haldeman
Goblin Quest by Jim C. Hines
Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days by Alastair Reynolds

This weekend I have plans to visit our local library branch.  For the past three weeks it’s been closed as they move into their renovated location, right next door and today was their grand re-opening.  We’ve been watching their progress as we drive by and have been anticipating this move because they will have a lot more space and the plans looked great.  Venessa and I are really looking forward to seeing their new space because this is the branch that’s closest to us so we’ve been regulars there all summer before they closed for the three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment