Monday, March 19, 2012

A peek under London’s skirts and my “thoughts” on the season finale of The Walking Dead

London Under by Peter Ackroyd is a fascinating book that takes you on a journey through the underground layers of London, a city that has been built and rebuilt over and over again over hundreds of years. There’s so much history only briefly touched upon in such a small book but it’s still enough to whet the appetite to want to read more and discover what lies under other cities as old as or even older than London.

This is a really pretty book too. It has a nice book jacket and I love the blue/green color of the book itself. It’s nice and compact with nice illustrations and pictures throughout. It looks really lovely sitting on the shelf!

The book is not that long and like I said it touches on the history without getting too involved. It tells its story in a light manner that’s engaging and keeps you interested.

This turned out to be a pretty short review. It was a short book after all. It was a good break between Second Foundation and Throne of the Crescent Moon (my current read). I almost didn’t post this, instead, thinking I’d write something about The Walking Dead and the season 2 finale but all that I could think to write about that was: OMG! IT WAS AWESOME! I LOVE THIS SHOW! I FORGIVE YOU FOR 7 EPISODES OF SEARCHING FOR ZOMBIE SOPHIA AND LOVE TRIANGLE DRAMA WITH THE 20 MIN. ZOMBIE ATTACK! ANDREA IS AWESOME! A RICK/DARYL BUDDING BROMANCE IS AWESOME! LORI BEGONE, PLEASE, OR JUST KEEP TRACK OF YOUR KID! OMG! I CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah. I'm still trying to recover from it.

I'll see most of you in Season 3! In the meantime, off to read the comic!

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to track down a copy of London Under

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds interesting but OMG about The Walking Dead. It's my favorite show right now. I was upset about Shane tho, I had a mini crush but apparently the producers are staying true to the comic so he had to die. And YES can Lori watch her kid more closely now that the zombie apocalypse has hit?
    I don't know how I will wait for next season, I'll have to re watch seasons 1 and 2 which I have recorded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so much about the comics from a friend so I feel like I know so much already lol and from what I heard Shane died pretty early so as much as I enjoyed Crazy Shane, I guess it was his time to go.

      And I'm with you about waiting for Season 3. It's going to be tough, especially with the way they set things up in the finale!

      Delete